Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DIY feather chain epaulette

Photobucket

Hey guys! It's been a while since my last post and I feel terrible for not blogging as often as I want to. Event planning and some other things eat up my time and yes, procrastination has also its part here. I just also got back from our vacation in Bali which I will be sharing to you guys soon. For now, please enjoy my Halloween outfit post and tutorial.  :DD

Photobucket

Dressed in scary costumes, I remember going to halloween parties when I was still a child but I haven't gone to any now that I'm older. So when Adly told me to bring  outfit for the halloween, I rummaged through my closet and found my J. Crew top. I didn't want to bring too many stuff so I just had my accessories and lace shorts to complete my broken angel look. Same with Den and Adly who dressed up as fairy and black kitty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was unsure of what to use for my feather chain epaulette but then I found my grandmother's shoulder pad that she was about to discard and it's just what I needed (lucky me :D ). You can also use brassiere pads or cardboard as alternatives. If you're going to use cardboard, you have to cut it similar to the pad's shape and make sure it is thick enough to serve as your base. 

Photobucket

The tutorial is easy now that you already have the necessary materials: feathers, shoulder pad, glue stick & glue gun, chains, pliers and jumpsprings. All you have to do is glue the feathers on the pad with the help of glue stick and glue gun. Make sure that you follow the shape of the pad as you glue the feathers. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Put a single chain around the pad and glue its ends at the back portion of the pad. Now, you can attach the pad to the chain harness by using pins or jumpsprings. 

Photobucket

I don't have my own tutorial on how to do chain harness but of course, I'll share my source. See her tutorial here. 

Photobucket

So that's it! What's good about this DIY is that you can attach/detach the feather pad and use the chain harness alone, adding a bold statement to your street style or dress. Chain harnesses have been popular nowadays but you don't to have to splurge just to have one.  

Photobucket

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. G! You already know how much I loved your costume but I'll say it again - love it! :D You're so artsy. Love how you did your own accessories for your costume. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you give me an idea!!! i really like to do it myself..♥


    ♥'s
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costume idea--and so easy to DIY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea for homemade costumes - love the post

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a great idea! you're so talented girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute!!!
    Thank you for visit us :)


    DIY's and more:
    http://diyearte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Would you like to follow each other? let me know or you can follow me and I will follow you back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great DIY! You and the girls look pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOve the DIY! just followed you :) could you please do the same? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog :) I´m already following you, now is your turn! I hope will you do the same :)
    Xoxo

    Miss Butterflyyy
    Miss Butterflyyy Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss your post dear! By the way I nominate you on Liebster Blog Award, and I hope you don't mind. If you have time please check my latest post about my award. Thank you!

    Keep safe always
    ♥'s
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Much appreciated. Please let me know if you follow so I can check out your blog too :)